HBP operates its business as a corporate citizen committed to concern for our common environment. We adopt philosophies and policies that allow our company to maintain economic health while focusing on corporate social responsibility and environmental reforms. Our goal is to ensure that our facilities and operations are in compliance with existing environmental standards and exceed the expectations of our customers. We intend to be an industry leader in responsible environmental management.
We support our environmental commitment by:
- Adhering to the goals and objectives of sustainable forest management programs.
- Assisting customers in making environmentally sensitive choices.
- Increasing employee environmental awareness through training. Evaluating the environmental risks of products and processes.
- Working with customers, suppliers and the community on environmental issues.
- Implementing energy saving facilities management solutions.
- Preventing pollution through effective waste management practices.
- Incorporating into our policies and procedures the best environmental practices of peer groups and like businesses.
Click below for more information:
- Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC)
- What is FSC®?
- What is FSC Certification?
- Preparing an FSC Certified Job
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC)
HBP is FSC certified by the Rainforest Alliance. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) promotes environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world's forests. By buying products with an FSC label you are supporting the growth of responsible forest management worldwide.
HBP is committed to environmentally sound manufacturing and responsible forest stewardship. We hope you will learn more about FSC® Chain-Of-Custody and plan printed projects that include this certification. In addition to the information provided here, please visit www.fscus.org.
What is FSC®?
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international organization that brings people together to find solutions which promote responsible stewardship of the world’s forests.
- FSC® is a stakeholder owned system for promoting responsible management of the world’s forests.
- Through consultative processes, it sets international standards for responsible forest management.
- It accredits independent third party organizations that can certify forest managers and forest product producers to FSC standards.
- Its trademark provides international recognition to organizations that support the growth of responsible forest management.
- Its product label allows consumers worldwide to recognize products that support the growth of responsible forest management worldwide.
- FSC undertakes marketing programs and information services that contribute to the mission of promoting responsible forestry worldwide.
- Over the past 13 years, over 90 million hectares in more than 82 countries have been certified according to FSC standards while several thousand products are produced using FSC-certified wood and carrying the FSC trademark. FSC operates through its network of National Initiatives in 43 countries.
What is FSC Certification?
HBP is certified by Rainforest Alliance to FSC standards. Rainforest Alliance is one of the founders of the Forest Stewardship Council™ and the world’s largest FSC Forestland certifier. Its Rainforest Alliance program sets the standard for credibility in auditing environmentally and socially responsible forest practice.
Rainforest Alliance assess forest management using the FSC principles, criteria, and standards through an evaluative process. This allows FSC to remain outside of the assessment process, and supports the integrity of the standard, and of the FSC system. Rainforest Alliance evaluates both forest management activities (forest certification) and tracking of forest products (COC: Chain-Of-Custody certification).
Preparing an FSC Certified Job
Tell your HBP Account Manager that you are planning a FSC® Certified project and request an estimate. Work with your Account Manager to select a FSC Certified Paper. Place the appropriate FSC Certified Label (provided by HBP) in a prominent position on your layout per the following.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the belief that a business or organization should consider the social, ethical and environmental impact of all of its activities on customers, employees, shareholders and communities around it. Corporate Social Responsibility should; therefore, be a core component of your Corporate Brand.
Perception of Corporate Social Responsibility related to environmental issues extends beyond the belief that a company has a statutory obligation to comply with legislation. It views an organization as being required to voluntarily take further steps to improve the quality of life for employees and their families, the local community and society at large.
Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC) Chain-of-Custody Certification promotes responsible management of forest resources. A company committed to the sustainable practices involved can enjoy better environmental performance that can result in benefits to its overall image. It may realize increased customer loyalty and greater brand differentiation. It could also see positive impact on employee relations through improvement in recruitment and retention and it might well avoid many of the challenges of obtaining and maintaining public consent to conduct business.
Carrying the FSC trademark with HBP’s FSC trademark license code on your printed material tells all who see it that you practice Corporate Social Responsibility. It clearly indicates that you support the highest social and environmental standards in the market where you use paper and printing.